Sunday, 25 August 2019
- It is essential that a panchanama, in respect of an arrest, search, seizure etc. should always be made at the site of the occurrence of the accident or offence and the signatures of the panchas/witnesses should be obtained thereon.
- An accused/a person whose premise has been searched, must get a copy of the Panchnama.
- It is necessary that two panchas remain present while a Panchanama is being drawn and their signatures should be obtained on it.
- After paying the fees, in form ‘AA’, a copy of the Panchanama drawn at the site of an accident can be obtained.
In Case of a Complaint :
- At first, please meet Senior Inspector of the Police Station. If the problem persists, meet Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) of your Division, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) of your Zone . Names, addresses and phone numbers of all these officers have been given on this site.